UK-E150

New visitor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:05 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my 1996 E150.

I have no brake lights, but I do have indicators and no indicator lighting on the dash.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 1996 E150?

Thanks

Tom

#2 Roger

Roger

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:43 PM

Tom, I found 2 diagrams with brake light stuff on them in the Haynes book I have. I don't know much about these newer vans, so I'm not sure which one of these diagrams is the correct one for your van. This first one just says "Exterior Lamps". I scanned them pretty large.

Attached File  96lights.jpg   269.88K   408 downloads
The never ending project:
74 E-100,,,302, Auto, P/S, P/B, A/C... Nickname "Rondo"
65 E-100,,,240, 3 on the tree.......... Nickname "The Fish"
-------------------------------------------------------------

#3 Roger

Roger

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:50 PM

Here's the other diagram. There were some other diagrams on this same page, but none of them showed brake light wiring. There was a note above one of those diagrams that said WO/DRL ,, and then another note above one of the others that said W/DRL.. I'm assuming that the more complex diagram I'm posting here is for a van with daytime running lamps (DRL). Don't know for sure though.

Attached File  96lights2.jpg   364.81K   498 downloads

I only have this book because I was working on a 95 a couple years ago at work. So, hopefully someone with more knowledge of these newer vans will be able to offer more help.
The never ending project:
74 E-100,,,302, Auto, P/S, P/B, A/C... Nickname "Rondo"
65 E-100,,,240, 3 on the tree.......... Nickname "The Fish"
-------------------------------------------------------------

#4 UK-E150

UK-E150

New visitor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:14 PM

Here's the other diagram. There were some other diagrams on this same page, but none of them showed brake light wiring. There was a note above one of those diagrams that said WO/DRL ,, and then another note above one of the others that said W/DRL.. I'm assuming that the more complex diagram I'm posting here is for a van with daytime running lamps (DRL). Don't know for sure though.

Attached File  96lights2.jpg   364.81K   498 downloads

I only have this book because I was working on a 95 a couple years ago at work. So, hopefully someone with more knowledge of these newer vans will be able to offer more help.

Thanks Roger!

If anyone else has any diagrams that would be great as I have no information on this van!

#5 John Sheedy

John Sheedy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts
  • Interests:Ford Products of any kind

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

Hi Tom, Assuming you have checked the fuse boxes for any blown fuses take a look at the brake light switch. On your year van it should be attached to the brake pedal arm were the rod comes in from the master cylinder. Try jumping the wires at the switch to see if they come on, this will help determine if the switch is bad or you have a loss of power somewere else. Also Ford had a recall on the crusie control deactiving switch located on the master cylinder. I have placed a pic on the thread here of it. This to will affect your lighting and cause a fire if it is not upgraded as this switch gets power from the brake pedal stop switch that is always live. I also placed two links to places you maybe able to get the wiring diagrams you want. Hope this helps, John

http://www.wirediagram.com/ford.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/...2QQcmdZViewItem

Attached Files

Fast Furious Gone in 60 Seconds and Old School about it

#6 John Sheedy

John Sheedy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts
  • Interests:Ford Products of any kind

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:52 PM

Also if the e-bay site does not ship to your country let me know and you can have it shipped to me and then I will mail it on to you. I do that for a few members here that live outside the U.S. to help out. John
Fast Furious Gone in 60 Seconds and Old School about it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users