Posted Image

#3 1TuffClub

1TuffClub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:27 AM

Now that is awesome. Really cool find there. That took a while, but I scoped out every page. Really neat, and haven't seen one before either.

Thanks for posting..........

#4 1TuffClub

1TuffClub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:05 AM

Nothing like having OEM specs. With some of the specs here, I was able to easily determine that a shorty may just fit my needs a whole lot more than I had been thinking.

Thanks again for posting this, some of this info is proving really helpful.

#5 Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:05 AM

... but I now see a shorty could absolutely work.
Nope.

...When I need to haul any bikes, they will easily fit by just sliping the bench out.
Nope. And that seat don't come out very easy the first time.

As well, if I do wind up with a 123, I absolutely wouldn't need to take the bench out.

Yes you will. Bike won't fit.

Why don't you get one first, then tell us how it goes.

#6 1TuffClub

1TuffClub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:29 PM

... but I now see a shorty could absolutely work.
Nope.
Care to elaborate? I need as much insight as possible. I'm also well aware that going off of measurements is one thing and the reaility of a situation can be different. Based simply on measuring a bike I have here, that is slightly longer than the MX bikes I'd primarily be taking to tracks, it looks like a non issue. Again, care to elaborate, "Nope", raises more questions than it answers.

...When I need to haul any bikes, they will easily fit by just sliping the bench out.
Nope. And that seat don't come out very easy the first time.
Any chance for you to expand on "Nope". What is holding the bench seats down? I was assuming it was just a few bolts holding the brackets to the floor. Having taken bench seats out of early 70's musclecars, and the rear bench out of my fullsize Bronco, I assumed it would be similar. Is this not the case?

As well, if I do wind up with a 123, I absolutely wouldn't need to take the bench out.

Yes you will. Bike won't fit.
What bike won't fit?

Why don't you get one first, then tell us how it goes.

Thanks for sounding in Tom, in answer to your last question or comment; simple, because, I don't have the funds yet, but when I do, I am planning on relaying that first hand experience.

ASAP, I will have a mid sitting outside.

Since I haven't been fortunate enough to get my hands on one yet, all I can do in addition to my efforts to raise the purchase funds, is to try and gain as much knowledge as possible about these vans. With the obvious hopefull outcome being to make the most educated decision. Kind of similar to if you were planning to do your own custom engine buildup, you'd be crazy to go into purchasing parts with no knowledge of whether they were going to fit into the build combo, and work together as needed. This is the great thing about these forums, a tremendous amount of first hand knowledge. I'm in quite a number of different forums. A couple, that have to do with something I'm planning to get into, but haven't had the funds to do so yet, I'm the new guy trying to gain knowledge and insight. In a number of others, I'm the experienced guy sounding in with answers and assistance to the newbies. Just happen to be the newb in here.

#7 Tom Snyder

Tom Snyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

This thread takes to long to load. I am not opening it again.

I take it back, how could I forget. I did once haul a bike in a 123.5" wb van with a rear seat. Tight fit for a short bike.

Posted Image

Seat bolts. Bottom of post # 7 & post # 8
http://econolines.ip...amp;#entry23354

.....Since I haven't been fortunate enough to get my hands on one yet, all I can do in addition to my efforts to raise the purchase funds, is to try and gain as much knowledge as possible about these vans. With the obvious hopefull outcome being to make the most educated decision. Kind of similar to if you were planning to do your own custom engine buildup, you'd be crazy to go into purchasing parts with no knowledge of whether they were going to fit into the build combo, and work together as needed. This is the great thing about these forums, a tremendous amount of first hand knowledge. I'm in quite a number of different forums. A couple, that have to do with something I'm planning to get into, but haven't had the funds to do so yet, I'm the new guy trying to gain knowledge and insight. In a number of others, I'm the experienced guy sounding in with answers and assistance to the newbies. Just happen to be the newb in here.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 1TuffClub

1TuffClub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:55 PM

I am not opening it again.

^_^ Don't let it get to you, try again later and maybe the connection speed issue will be corrected.

#9 Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:03 AM

I've got all of them from 1969-1979,including pages that aren't shown.BTW what you have posted isn't from the Truck Data book,it's from the Facts book.

#10 yogreasygramma

yogreasygramma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:03 AM

I've got all of them from 1969-1979,including pages that aren't shown.BTW what you have posted isn't from the Truck Data book,it's from the Facts book.

Thanks for the info! It was sold as the Data Book. What's the difference? When you get back stateside, would you please copy/scan the missing sections? I understand there's a section on hauling and load capacities. It would be great to get a bunch of reference material up on this site. Do you also have information on decoding VIN plates, etc? Please post them if you do.

#11 Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:08 AM

Thanks for the info! It was sold as the Data Book. What's the difference? When you get back stateside, would you please copy/scan the missing sections? I understand there's a section on hauling and load capacities. It would be great to get a bunch of reference material up on this site. Do you also have information on decoding VIN plates, etc? Please post them if you do.

I've spent thousands of dollars on original 1973-1979 Ford literature.I hope to one day have a web site for the 1973-1979 Ford trucks.I've included all the 1973-1979 car information that I've picked up along the way as well.Now that I have a 1969 E300 I'm adding 1968-1972 information for the vans.I'm saving all of this information that I have for my web page.I'll use whatever information I have to answer any questions.

This is the 1973 Ford Light Truck Facts Organizer:

Posted Image

It has the basic information on the Ford light truck range that included the F series,Bronco,Ranchero,Courier and the Econoline and Club Wagon vans.The version you have first came out in September 1972.They sent revised information out every three or four months about options and other stuff that had been added or dropped between each printing.I have half a dozen of the 1973 binders just for that reason.The one I have with me is also the same one you have.I'm having others sent to me.

Since you have already posted some pages from it I'll go ahead and post better versions of the same pages.

Club Wagon

Econoline

The load capacities are in the section you already posted.The towing is in the recreation section.The tow section for the Econolines is very short because they sucked at towing.The best tower was the E300 with a 302 and it could only tow 3,500lbs.A Pinto with a six banger could tow 2,000lbs.A 1973 Ranchero could tow a 6,000lbs trailer.A 1978 E350 could tow a 10,000lbs trailer.

This is the 1971 Ford truck Data Book.They all looked the same.

Posted Image

It covered all of the light,medium and heavy Ford trucks.It had a lot of information not found in the Facts Organizer on options,engines,transmission,axles,etc.

#12 1TuffClub

1TuffClub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:14 AM

Thanks guys!

OK, so Hoof........I click the Club link, and what is that where it wants me to register???? Just do that, and your link will go directly to the specific item/book????

I eat this stuff up, love specs. It's all in the details/detailed knowledge when your a do it yourselfer, and customizer/hotrodder.

#13 yogreasygramma

yogreasygramma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:49 AM

Thanks for the additional info, Hoofbeats. Also, I set up an account on the service you linked, and still can't see anything. They say you need to share the info with each specific user.

#14 Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:01 AM

Try it now.

#15 1TuffClub

1TuffClub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:40 PM

They say you need to share the info with each specific user.

So how does that site work, what's the idea/summary? I haven't joined yet. Was waiting to possibly hear a first impression.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users